Posted on

Q.) Does the project provide SUD counseling services to people who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind or Hard of Hearing?
No. The Project Coordinator does not provide any direct counseling; however, she can assist in locating an SUD treatment provider for a Deaf, Deaf-Blind or Hard of Hearing individual in need of these services?

Q.) Does the project pay for a sign language interpreter for a person who is in treatment?
It depends on the circumstances. If, under the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is the responsibility of an SUD treatment provider to provide interpreting services as part of treatment, the project will not pay for an interpreter. However, for some small providers, or for AA/NA/Smart Recovery support groups (where there are no funds), the project may provide funding for an interpreter. Contact the Project Coordinator for more information.

Q.) Does the project provide assistive listening devices for a person who is in treatment?
Yes, we have equipment available for persons to borrow and use for these purposes.

Who is this program for?

  • SUD Treatment Providers
  • Peer Support/Recovery Groups (i.e. AA, NA, Smart Recovery)
  • Persons who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard of Hearing and in need of SUD services

Type of Assistance/Information

  • Education on the unique culture and needs of persons who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind, Hard of Hearing
  • Education on assistive listening devices
  • Education on how to work with an interpreter
  • Education on SUD
  • Assistance facilitating SUD treatment services

Visits: 146